- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) milk
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) pumpkin purée
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Lantic Rogers Smart Sweetener Blend
- 4 tsp (20 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) cold butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) toffee pieces
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) 35% whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Whisk together egg, milk and pumpkin; set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, stevia blend, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Using pastry blender or two knives, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; add toffee pieces. Using fork, stir in egg mixture to make ragged dough.
- Transfer to lightly floured surface; pat into 1-inch (2.5 cm) thick round. Cut into 8 wedges and place on parchment paper–lined baking sheet, about 2 inches (5 cm) apart. Brush tops with cream. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown.
- Tip: Serve with butter, orange marmalade or apricot jam.