- 3 prepared pie pastry sheets, chilled
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) Lantic Old Fashioned Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) butter, melted
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Rogers Golden Syrup
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) maple syrup
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) 18% cream
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). On lightly floured work surface, unroll pastry. Using 3 1/2-inch (9 cm) cutter, cut out 12 rounds. Fit into 12 muffin cups; refrigerate for 30 minutes. Line cups with parchment paper and fill with pie weights or beans; bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Remove parchment paper and pie weights.
- In KitchenAid stand mixer, whisk together eggs, sugar, melted butter, golden syrup, maple syrup, cream and salt.
- Divide pecans and filling evenly among tart shells, filling shells two-thirds full.
- Reduce oven to 350°F (180°F). Bake tarts for 25 to 30 minutes or until filling is set and pastry is golden.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Using thin knife, release tarts from cups. Let cool completely on rack.
- For classic butter tarts, replace pecans with raisins and walnuts.
- If desired, make your own pastry from scratch, rolling out pastry to scant 1/4-inch (1 cm) thickness. Follow directions as above.