All Recipes Desserts & Frostings Celebration Cupcakes!
The perfect cupcakes for all types of celebrations.
- 2 eggs
- 250 ml (1 cup) Lantic Granulated Sugar
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) canola oil
- 10 ml (2 tsp) vanilla extract
- 400 ml (1 2/3 cup) cake and pastry flour
- 7 ml (1 ½ tsp) baking powder
- 3 ml (1/2 tsp) each baking soda and salt
- 150 ml (2/3 cup) buttermilk
Fluffy Buttercream Frosting:
- 375 ml (1 ½ cups) softened butter
- 1 L (4 cups) Lantic Icing Sugar
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) 35% whipping cream
- 7 ml (1 ½ tsp) vanilla extract
- Sprinkles or coloured sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Line 18 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Beat the eggs on medium speed until light.
- Add the sugar, canola oil and vanilla; beat for 1 minute. Stir the flour with the baking powder, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
- On low speed, alternately beat in the flour mixture and buttermilk in two additions, just until smooth.
- Divide the batter between the prepared cups, filling about ½ full.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- Fluffy Buttercream Frosting: Beat the butter for 3 minutes or until almost white and very fluffy.
- Add the icing sugar, whipping cream and vanilla; beat on low until combined. Increase the speed to medium.
- Beat for 2 to 3 minutes or until very creamy and fluffy.
- Transfer the frosting to a piping bag fitted with a star tip. Pipe onto the cupcakes and garnish with sprinkles.