Skip to main content
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cocoa powder
- 4 oz (125 g) chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) boiling water
- 1 cup (250 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) rye flour
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup (250 mL) Lantic & Rogers Coconut Sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (250 mL) sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Lantic & Rogers Icing Sugar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) maple extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Lightly grease or spray 10-inch (3 L) Bundt pan.
- Combine cocoa and chocolate in heatproof bowl; pour boiling water over top. Whisk until smooth. Let cool.
- In bowl, whisk together all-purpose flour, rye flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In KitchenAid stand mixer with whisk attachment, beat butter with coconut sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- Switch to paddle attachment; beat in cooled chocolate mixture. Add flour mixture in three additions alternately with two additions of sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture; beat until well combined.
- Scrape into prepared pan. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted in centre comes out clean. Let cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes. Turn out onto rack; let cool completely. Transfer to cake plate.
- In bowl, whisk together sugar, 2 tbsp (30 mL) hot water and maple extract until smooth; pour over cake, letting glaze drip down sides.
- Replace hot water and maple extract with 2 tbsp (30 mL) pure maple syrup if desired.
- Replace sour cream with 2% plain Greek yogurt if desired.