All Recipes Desserts & Frostings Cinnamon-Sugar Snowshoes
This delicious recipe has been triple tested by the Chatelaine Kitchen.
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp active dry yeast, (4 g)
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, (255 g)
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp salt, (1 g)
- 2/3 cup Lantic & Rogers Organic Coconut Sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon, (2 g)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Lemon wedges, optional
- MICROWAVE milk until warm, 45 sec. Pour into bowl of a stand mixer fitted with dough hook. Add yeast and stir. Let stand for 5 min.
- ADD flour, 2 tbsp butter and salt. Beat on medium-low until dough forms a ball and is very smooth, about 5 min.
- SPRAY a medium bowl with oil. Line a large baking sheet with parchment. Lightly spray with oil.
- SCRAPE dough out of mixer bowl into oiled bowl. Lightly oil top of dough and cover with a damp tea towel (not terry cloth). Let stand in a warm place until dough doubles in size, about 1 hour.
- DIVIDE dough into 8 portions. Roll each into a ball, then arrange on prepared sheet. Cover with same damp tea towel and let stand, 15 min.
- ROLL out each portion on a floured surface into 1/8 in. thick ovals. Transfer to prepared sheet. Cover with same damp tea towel and let stand, 15 more min.
- POUR oil into a large pot until it reaches 1 in. up the sides (about 6 cups). Clip a deep-fry thermometer to the side. Heat over medium until temperature reaches 325F. Adjust heat as necessary to keep temperature at 325F during cooking. Fry dough, 1 piece at a time, flipping often, until golden, 2 to 3 min. Drain on paper towels.
- STIR coconut sugar with cinnamon on a plate until combined. Brush tops and bottoms of “snowshoes” with 1/4 cup butter.
- DIP both sides into sugar until well coated. Serve with lemon wedges.