All Recipes Desserts & Frostings Classic Butter Icing
Classic Butter Icing
Our favourite Classic Butter Icing, as appeared on our previous icing packaging.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups Lantic or Rogers Icing Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- Cream 1/2 cup soft butter with 2 cups icing sugar.
- Beat 1 tsp. vanilla, 2 tbsp. milk and 1 cup Lantic or Rogers Icing Sugar into mixture.
- Gradually add 2 tbsp. milk into icing until smooth and of desired spreading consistency.
- FOR A CHOCOLATE ICING, add 1/3 cup sifted cocoa powder to the first addition of icing sugar. Fills and frosts two 8-inch layers or a 13 x 9-inch cake.