All Recipes Desserts & Frostings Espresso Latte Fingers
Espresso Latte Fingers
A coffee-flavoured holiday shortbread treat, perfect for cookie swaps.
- 1 cup softened unsalted butter
- 2 tsp espresso powder
- 3/4 cup Lantic or Rogers Icing Sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- (for garnish) white chocolate chips with dash Plantation Raw sugar
- Stir 2 tsp espresso powder into vanilla extract.
- Whip butter with icing sugar, flavoured extract, and salt for 3 minutes or until almost white and very creamy. Sift flour with cornstarch; gradually beat into butter mixture, one third at a time. Scrape bowl. Beat on low for 1 additional minute or until dough is well combined.
- Transfer dough to a piping bag fitted with a star tip. Pipe fingers onto sheets; chill for 15 minutes before baking.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Place flattened balls, 1-inch apart, on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake, in batches on bottom rack, for 12 to 14 minutes or until bottoms are golden. Cool completely on the sheet.
- Garnish: Melt chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl set over a pot of gently simmering water. Garnish as desired. Sprinkle with Plantation Raw sugar. Makes about 3 dozen cookies.
- Store cookies, in airtight containers between layers of parchment paper, for up to 5 days. Or, freeze for up to 1 month.)