All Recipes Desserts & Frostings Maple Syrup Butter Tart Squares
Maple Syrup Butter Tart Squares
Try these delicious cookies with the flavour of Canadian maple syrup. This recipe has been triple tested by the Chatelaine Kitchen.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp Lantic & Rogers Smart Sweetener Blend
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup Lantic & Rogers Smart Sweetener Blend
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup 35% cream
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- POSITION rack in bottom third of oven.
- PREHEAT oven to 350F. Lightly oil a metal 8 x 8-in. baking dish, then line with overhanging parchment.
- WHIRL flour, Smart Sweetener Blend and salt in a food processor until combined. Add cubed butter and continue whirling until a ball forms, 1 min. Press dough firmly into an even layer in prepared dish.
- WHISK Smart Sweetener Blend with eggs in a large bowl. Stir in cream, maple syrup and melted butter. Pour over dough.
- BAKE in bottom third of oven until filling is puffed, about 50 min. Transfer to a rack to cool completely, about 2 hours.