All Recipes Desserts & Frostings Mini Cheesecake Delights
Mini Cheesecake Delights
In this recipe, sugar combines with the protein found in the eggs and cheese to produce a gentle brown colour during cooking. Desserts made without real sugar "pale" by comparison.
- 20 vanilla wafers
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 4oz light cream cheese
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup 2% yogurt
- fresh fruit such as strawberries, blueberries, nectarines
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Line mini muffin tines with paper baking liners.
- Place one vanilla wafer in the bottom of each compartment.
- In a food processor or blender, combine cheeses, sugar, egg, and lemon juice.
- Pour mixture evenly over vanilla wafers in muffin tins.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until mini-cheesecakes are set.
- Remove muffin tins from oven, and cool thoroughly.
- Spoon a dollop of yogurt over each mini-cheesecake and decorate with fresh fruit.