All Recipes Desserts & Frostings Moist Maple Almond Chocolate Banana Cakes
Moist Maple Almond Chocolate Banana Cakes
- 1 cup (240ml) mashed ripe banana (from about 2 medium bananas)
- 1 cup (240ml) unsalted almond butter
- 1/2 cup (120ml) LBMT Dark Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup (56g) cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 oz (85g) semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp (45ml) water
- 1 tbsp (15ml) LBMT Dark Maple Syrup
- pinch of salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously grease the cups of a standard 12-cup muffin pan with vegetable oil.
- Whisk together mashed banana, almond butter, maple syrup and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth. Whisk in eggs, one at a time. Sift in cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Whisk until the batter is smooth.
- Divide mixture evenly amongst the cups of your prepared muffin pan. Bake for 18-20 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Transfer pan to a wire rack and let cool for 5 minutes in the pan. Run a knife around the edges of the cakes to release them and then transfer cakes to the wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine chopped chocolate, water and maple syrup in a small saucepan over low heat, swirling the pan frequently until the chocolate is melted through. Whisk until smooth and glossy. Stir in salt. Dip cooled cakes into glaze and let set. Makes 12 cakes.
- If using salted almond butter, omit the added salt in the recipe.
- Since these cakes are so moist, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They are great served cold or at room temperature.
- Make a double batch of the glaze and serve the cakes with a scoop of your favourite ice cream with more chocolate glaze drizzled over top.