- 1 1/3 cups (325 mL) graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Lantic or Rogers Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) melted unsalted butter
- 2 pkg (8 oz/250 g each) brick-style plain cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely grated lime zest, divided
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) lime juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (250 mL) Lantic or Rogers Icing Sugar
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) 35% whipping cream
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) toasted shredded coconut
- Crust: Combine graham cracker crumbs with sugar. Stir in melted butter; combine until completely moistened. Firmly press crumb mixture into bottom and up side of 9-inch (23 cm) pie plate. Place in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Filling: Meanwhile, in large bowl and using electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth; add in 1 tbsp (15 mL) lime zest, lime juice and vanilla until smooth. Set mixer to low, and add in icing sugar until blended.
- In separate bowl, whip cream until stiff peaks form. Stir one-third of the whipped cream into cream cheese mixture until combined. Fold in remaining whipping cream. Pour into chilled pie crust.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or until set. Toss remaining lime zest with coconut. Sprinkle over pie before serving.
- Tip: Pie can be made and refrigerated for up 1 day if desired