- 1/2 cup (125 mL) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup (250 mL) Lantic/Rogers Coconut Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) milk
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped fresh pineapple or drained canned pineapple chunks
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) lightly toasted sweetened shredded coconut
Cream Cheese Icing:
- 1/2 pkg (4 oz/125 g) brick-style cream cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) icing sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) toasted sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line 12-cup muffin tin with large paper or foil liners.
- Beat butter with sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition; beat in vanilla. Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt; beat into butter mixture, alternating with milk, making three additions of flour mixture and two of milk, just until combined. Fold in pineapple and coconut.
- Spoon mixture into muffin liners. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until tester inserted into centre comes out clean. Let cool on rack for 10 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Cream Cheese Icing: Beat together cream cheese and butter until fluffy; add vanilla and salt. Add icing sugar; beat until smooth.
- Pipe or spread icing over cooled cupcakes; sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- Tip: Toast coconut in a small skillet set over medium heat, shaking occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until golden brown.