All Recipes Desserts & Frostings Quinoa Trail Mix Cookies
Quinoa Trail Mix Cookies
Power up long hikes or just long days.
- 1 cup (250 mL) almond flour
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) mashed banana
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Lantic or Rogers Agave Syrup
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) oil
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Mix almond flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt until combined. In a separate bowl, whisk together mashed banana, agave syrup, oil and vanilla until blended.
- Whisk egg into banana mixture until blended. Whisk banana mixture into almond flour mixture until combined.
- Fold in quinoa, almonds, coconut, cranberries, pumpkin seeds and chocolate chips. Place rounded tablespoons of dough, 2 inches (5 cm) apart, on parchment paper–lined baking pans.
- Bake on top and bottom racks, rotating and switching pans halfway through, for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown around edges. Let cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; transfer to racks and let cool completely.
- Tip: Use your favourite combination of chocolate chips, nuts, seeds or dried fruit.