- 1/2 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut, toasted
- 3/4 cup graham-cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup finely chopped salted roasted almonds, divided
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tbsp Lantic & Rogers Organic Coconut Sugar
- 3/4 cup Lantic & Rogers Organic Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp custard powder
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- LINE an 8 x 8-in. baking pan with overhanging parchment.
- COMBINE toasted coconut with graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup almonds and cocoa powder in a large bowl. Stir in 1/3 cup melted butter and coconut sugar. Press evenly into prepared pan.
- BEAT coconut sugar with 1/2 cup butter, custard powder, vanilla seeds and vanilla and almond extracts using an electric mixer on low, 1 min. Increase speed to medium-high and beat until pale and fluff y, 2 min. Spread evenly over base.
- MICROWAVE chocolate in a small bowl, stirring halfway, until smooth, 1 to 2 min. Pour over custard, smoothing top. Sprinkle with remaining almonds. Chill until firm, 2 hours. Let stand 15 min, then cut into bars.