- 3/4 cup (175 mL) Lantic or Rogers Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 can (14 oz/400 mL) coconut milk
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) unsalted butter, cubed, at room temperature
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped strawberries
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped pineapple
- 1 kiwi, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Lantic or Rogers Granulated Sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lime juice
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) toasted shredded unsweetened coconut
- Coconut Cream: In heavy-bottom saucepan, whisk together sugar, cornstarch and salt over medium heat until blended. Gradually whisk in coconut milk and water until smooth. Whisk in eggs yolks until thoroughly incorporated.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring constantly with heatproof rubber spatula. Reduce heat to low; simmer, whisking constantly, until mixture thickens and coats back of spoon.
- Remove from heat; whisk in butter and vanilla. Stir in coconut and transfer to heat-proof bowl. Cover heat-proof bowl directly with plastic wrap; refrigerate until cooled completely.
- Parfait: Combine strawberries, mango, pineapple, kiwi, sugar and lime juice in a bowl; let stand for 10 minutes.
- In parfait glasses, layer half of the fruit mixture with cream; repeat layers once. Garnish with toasted coconut.
- Tip: Vary fruit depending on what’s in season: try bananas, cantaloupe, blueberries or raspberries.