All Recipes Desserts & Frostings Vegan Whole Grain Double Chocolate Cookies
Vegan Whole Grain Double Chocolate Cookies
- 1/2 cup (120ml) LBMT Amber Rich Maple Syrup
- 3 tbsp (42g) coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbsp (45ml) smooth natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (75g) large flake rolled oats
- 2 tbsp (12g) cocoa powder, sifted
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup (90g) whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup (60g) chopped dark chocolate or chocolate chips
- Whisk together maple syrup, melted coconut oil, peanut butter and vanilla extract in a medium bowl until smooth. Add rolled oats, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt and flour in that order and mix until just combined. Fold in chopped dark chocolate or chocolate chips. The mixture will be soft. Cover the bowl with a piece of plastic wrap and refrigerate until the mixture is firm, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop heaped tablespoons of the chilled cookie dough mixture and roll into balls. Place dough balls onto prepared baking sheet, spacing them 2 inches apart and then flatten with the palm of your hand or the bottom of a drinking glass to form disks.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until the tops look dry but they still feel a bit soft in the centre. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool. Makes 12-14 cookies.
- These cookies keep for up to 4 days when stored in an airtight container.
- Try stirring 1/4 cup of chopped nuts into the dough for extra hearty cookies.