Skip to main content
- 1 cup (250 mL) butter, softened
- 1 cup (250 mL) Lantic brilliant yellow sugar or Rogers golden yellow sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Lantic natural granulated sugar or Rogers natural granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) large flake rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground ginger
- 1 cup (250 mL) dried cranberries
- 1 cup (250 mL) toasted walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180C). Using an electric mixer on medium speed beat the butter with the yellow sugar and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, stir the oats with the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and ginger. Slowly beat into the butter mixture. Stir in the dried cranberries and walnuts.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of dough, 2-inches (5 cm) apart, on parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake, in batches and rotating the pans halfway through baking, for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Cool on the baking sheet for 1 minute. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Tip: Substitute the cranberries and walnuts with any of your favourite garnishes, such as pecans, peanuts, toffee bits, raisins, shredded coconut, chocolate chips or butterscotch chips.