All Recipes Desserts & Frostings World's Largest Peanut Butter Cup (via PureWow.com)
Enjoy making and eating the World's Largest Homemade Reese's Peanut Butter Cup in your own home.
- 12 Oz. Dark Chocolate Chips
- 10 Oz Milk Chocolate Chips
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 1/2 Cups Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 1/4 Cups Lantic or Rogers Powdered or Confection's Sugar
- 3/4 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp PURE Vanilla Extract
- Bring a medium saucepan with 2 inches of water to a simmer over medium heat. Combine the dark chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips and coconut oil in a medium-size heatproof bowl and place it over the saucepan (the bottom shouldn’t touch the water).
- Heat the chocolate over the water until it’s melted and smooth. Pour half of the chocolate into a 9-inch tart pan with a removable base. Gently tap and swirl the pan until the chocolate fully coats the base.
- Refrigerate the base until fully set, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the peanut butter and confectioners’ sugar until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes.
- Beat in the salt and vanilla. Form the mixture into a 9-inch circle on a piece of parchment paper.
- Remove the tart pan from the refrigerator and carefully place the peanut butter disk on top of it. Press the peanut butter layer into the edges of the pan.
- Pour the remaining chocolate over the peanut butter and gently tap and swirl until it fully coats the peanut butter layer.
- Refrigerate until the top is fully set, 15 to 20 minutes. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. To serve, run a sharp chef’s knife under hot water and slice the peanut butter cup into wedges.