- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 cups red onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red chili peppers, cut into 1/4" (6mm) chunks
- 1/4 cup each, green & yellow pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro (optional)
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add onions and peppers and toss to coat with oil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until onions are soft but not brown, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add sugar and salt; cook, stirring until the onions begin to brown, about 2 minutes longer.
- Add vinegar, stock, and seasonings; cook 2 minutes.
- Serve hot.