- 2 cups whole wheat penne pasta
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to the package directions until "al dente" (tender but firm).
- Drain well; transfer to larger serving dish.
- In a food processor or blender, combine basil, oil, garlic, and sugar.
- Blend in Parmesan and ricotta into the food processor.
- Place zucchini in a large casserole dish with 1 tbsp of water and microwave for 3 minutes on high, drain.
- Add zucchini, pesto and salt to pasta, toss well.
- Garnish with cherry tomatoes.