All Recipes Marinades & Dressings Apple Bulgur Salad
Apple Bulgur Salad
Adding small amounts of sugar to salad dressings mellows the acidity of the vinegar and other ingredients, like lemon juice, while blending and enhancing the flavours of the herbs and spices.
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup bulgur
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1 red apple, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 4 cups parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup toasted sunflower seeds
- Bring broth to boil.
- Put bulgur in a heatproof bowl; cover with broth.
- Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Drain and press out as much water as possible with the back of a spoon.
- For dressing: whisk together lemon juice, oil, water, sugar, vinegar and oregano.
- Stir in apple, celery, parsley, and dressing into the bulgur.
- Garnish with sunflower seeds.
- Serve immediately or chill in the refrigerator.