All Recipes Marinades & Dressings Classic Balsamic Vinaigrette
Classic Balsamic Vinaigrette
Drizzle this dressing over your favourite mixture of greens and salad ingredients such as cherry tomatoes, grated carrots, sliced red onion, chopped celery, diced cucumbers, and nuts and seeds. Try goat cheese, feta cheese or blue cheese as a garnish.
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Beat the vinegar in a bowl with the sugar, garlic, salt and pepper until sugar and salt dissolved.
- Then beat in the oil by droplets, whisking constantly (or combine all ingredients in a screw-top jar and shake well).
- Taste and adjust the seasonings.
- Toss a few tablespoons of dressing on the salad ingredients, sprinkle with a small amount of cheese and serve.
- Cover and refrigerate; shake again before use.