- 4 cups (960ml) 3/4-inch diced butternut squash (about 1 small squash)
- 2 cups (480ml) 3/4-inch diced parsnips (about 2 medium parsnips)
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups (480ml) whole baby brussel sprouts
- 2 cups (480ml) 1-inch diced red bell pepper
- 3 tbsp (45ml) olive oil, divided
- 1 cup (240ml) cooked chickpeas
- 3 tbsp (45ml) LBMT Amber Rich Maple Syrup
- 3 tbsp (45ml) tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 3 tbsp (30ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp (22ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp (7ml) grainy dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp (15ml) toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Toss cubed butternut squash and parsnips with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and thyme in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper to your taste and then spread them out on a rimmed baking sheet. Place in the pre-heated oven and bake for 30-40 minutes until browned and tender.
- Toss the brussel sprouts and diced red pepper in remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil, season with salt and pepper and spread them out on another rimmed baking sheet. Place in the oven with the other tray of vegetables and bake for 25-30 minutes until charred and tender. Rotate the trays halfway through roasting so that they cook evenly.
- Remove the trays from the oven and transfer to a rack to cool slightly. Transfer all of the vegetables to a large serving bowl and add the chickpeas. Gently toss the mixture to distribute the ingredients evenly using two spoons.
- Whisk together all ingredients in a small bowl until smooth and drizzle over roasted vegetables. Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds over top and serve warm or chilled. Makes 6-8 servings.