- 3 cups water
- 4 cups carrots, sliced in circles
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 bouillon cube
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup green onions or chives, chopped (for garnish)
- In a large saucepan bring water to a boil.
- Add all remaining ingredients except the milk.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 40-45 minutes, or until carrots and onion are very tender.
- Remove from heat and pour mixture into food processor or blender to puree; return to saucepan.
- Reduce to low heat and stir in milk, heating until warm but not boiling.
- Serve warm.
- If desired, garnish with chopped green onions or chives.